Tuesday, April 14, 2009

In the words of Beyonce..."if you like it, then you should've put a ring on it." Well, Brian must like it! "It" being me, of course...

We're engaged! Not that this is a suprise to anyone by now, I'm sure, but we were reminded again in the last few days to update the blog (thanks Emily and Ben!) - so here it is. The official word: Brian has decided to buy the cow!

The proposal was sweet and funny - and that's all you really need to know. Brian called my dad for his blessing earlier - and then popped the question shortly after - well, actually he didn't really ask. After some sweet teasing, Brian snuck the ring on my hand and said, "Let's get married!" I don't believe that I ever actually agreed... I was too busy jumping up and down and screaming. After some sweet words between the two of us ("Seriously? SHUTUP! You want to marry me?! For real?!"), the phone calls began...

I can't tell you how excited I am to be Mrs. Farmer! I hold that name dear because it represents my wonderful husband-to-be and his sweet, kind grandfather that he was so extremley close to - and who we will honor on our wedding.

We are planning a summer wedding for 2010 - most likely July 10th, so mark your calendars! It's going to be an outdoor affair with the reception being at my parents home - a huge tent reception that evokes old hollywood glamour! And you know how we like to mix things up...so expect the unexpected.

We don't do "normal."

0 comments: