Monday, September 15, 2008

BFTC VII

Despite the rain and flooding of biblical proportions in the northern Illinois and southern cheese state areas and a 90 minute rain delay, the 7th annual Borri Fieldhouse Tournament Challenge was underway.

After my first BFTC appearance last year (might I add a winless appearance), I was determined to redeem myself and leave my mark in the lore of the BFTC. I wanted to dominate and shatter all egos so the Borri Fieldhouse Tournament Challenge would have to be renamed The Brian Farmer Tournament Challenge. I want a framed picture of ME in Ryan's basement along with the others! Well, that didn't quite happen. Through 4 grueling games, my teammate Chris carried us to the championship match against Stacy and the 'Golden Boy' Ryan Borri. To our defense, they played varsity bball together in high school and the 'Golden Boy' played bball in college! Having the 'Golden Boy' in a championship game is like having the ball in the hands of Michael Jordan with the game on the line. We were defeated 11-4.

My dreams of becoming a BFTC legend were put on hold again. Mark my words 'Golden Boy' Borri! BFTC 8 will be the year of the tiger! Brian Farmer will be crowned champion. I will dedicate the next 363 days to beating you and dismantling your reign. I will workout every day, strengthen my legs, lose 15 lbs, play basketball in the rain and snow. I will run everyday and watch tapes from the previous BFTC's. I will study your every move! Right after I eat my biscuits w/gravy and donuts.


(back row: Curtis, Stacy, a Yankees fan, Rich, myself, Keith...
front row: the 'Golden Boy' Ryan, Chris)

Another post and pics of the cheese state visit to follow...

0 comments: